Thursday, 22 December 2011

RABMAD

Given my usual topics, you likely think this is some short form for Rabidly Mad Killer.
OK, geez, maybe that would be a cool thing.

I can see it now, the killer signs all his letters in blood, frothing at the mouth….

But wait, it’s Yule today, a time of celebration in our household when the candle burns all night to mark the suns return toward the cold north. Happy Times. So, this time around, I’m going to talk about something uplifting.

Sorry, no murder and mayhem but that will be back next week.

Instead, let’s talk about giving back.

I was brought up to believe it is more important to give than to receive, That charity should be part of your life. To be thankful for what you have and to share that bounty with others less fortunate. This is something my wife and I have tried to instill in our children as well and I am proud to say we have succeeded in this generation of me first and you whenever.

In that spirit, I have celebrated this Yule by signing up with RABMAD, author R.S. Guthrie’s brainchild.

RABMAD stands for “Read A Book, Make A Difference”.

It is a group of excellent authors who want to give something back. Most of them are Indie authors such as myself who care about their world and want to donate a percentage of the proceeds from their books to worthy causes.

I chose the Terry Fox Run, an incredible charity that supports Cancer research in Canada. The Foundation is named after Terry Fox, a Canadian hero and amazing human being.

So please check out the authors in RABMAD. Not only will you read some incredible books, you have the pleasure knowing that you are giving something back just by reading their books.

I want to wish you and yours a wonderful holiday season -- a safe and joyous time for all my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment